Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Part Three of Restaurant Review

After having anticipated, written, and revised my restaurant review I have a few regrets. First and foremost, I wish that I'd had a different waiter, or the money to go multiple times; Although the other servers working while I was there weren't nearly as enthusiastic as Paul had been, I know that Nora and Emily had positive experiences and that was really what I was expecting from Zooroona. Furthermore, I was hoping that my vegetarianism would make little difference at Zooroona, however, it limited my menu options substantially and I don't feel as though my review is truly comprehensive, unless I were writing it for a vegetarian-only audience or something like that.

Our discussions on the words "Latino" and "Hispanic" aided me a lot in understanding some of my other, less outright expectations of the restaurant. While we were there, my friend said to me, "Does it come across as strange to you that most people working here are surprisingly…white?" I had agreed. Hailing from Dearborn, my friend was probably very used to seeing people of Middle Eastern descent in restaurants featuring Middle Eastern cuisine, but for me, also, the group of people working there had seemed strange. Since then, however, I have realized that it's unfair to judge those people and their right to work in a Middle Eastern restaurant when really it's the mindset that matters most. When it came down to it, however, our server still didn't have the sense of hospitality I expected, and his service was still a disappointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment